Finding ways to get enough sleep to allow your body and mind to rejuvenate is an important goal in achieving good health and happiness.
- Avoid stimulating drinks and activities at least an hour before bedtime.
- Relax your body: do some gentle stretching exercises after a brief warm-up.
- De-stress: write a list of the tasks you need to do the next day so that your mind will be free from worrying about them.
- Quiet your mind: Focus your mind on deep in and out breathing.
- Relieve tension: Start from head to toe, imagining that each part of your body is relaxing.
- Achieve peace: visualize that you are in a peaceful setting, feeling, smelling and sensing the relaxing surroundings.
- Block distractions: play relaxing music, nature sounds or white noise (such as a fan)
- Unwind: read, listen to a relaxing book, or watch something soothing.